I went to a couple of the HR Summits last year and have to say that, on the whole, they were well worth attending. This year’s events look good too, not in the least because it’s the their 10th anniversary so they’re putting some extra effort into it.
Unfortunately the Sydney event has already been held (at Luna Park, which must have been a great venue), but Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth are yet to happen.
Of course, being an all-round HR event, it’s not all relevent to those of us in the L&D/OD world, however, it’s got plenty that is and so is well worth checking out…I just need to hit the boss up for the money for the ticket now!!!
- Melbourne – 19th July – Langham Hotel Melbourne, Southbank Promenade – Click here for more details
- Brisbane – October (full dates and venue TBC) – Click here for more details
- Perth – 13-14 June 2012 – Duxton Hotel, No.1 St.George’s Terrace, Perth – Click here for more details
Full event details and registration are, of course, available at the HR Summit website (see the links above), however, here’s a brief overview (written by them, not me)…
Who should attend the HR Summit?
- Do you want to improve your recruitment, retention and people management practices?
- Do you want to improve your leadership skills?
- Does your organisation want to be an Employer of Choice in its industry?
- Do you want to learn new strategies to develop and retain talent in your organisation?
- Do you want to get up to date on all the legislative requirements and compliance issues relating to employment law and industrial relations?
- Do you want to save time and money by using proven strategies to manage all people processes?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, the HR Summit is for you!
The HR Summit conference program will focus on the issues at the forefront of the industry, equipping delegates with a toolkit of skills and strategies to optimise people performance. HR managers, coordinators and advisors will gain key people management insights and takeaway ideas to implement in their own organisations.
HR Directors Forum
Designed exclusively for the HR director or senior HR decision-maker in an organisation, the HR Directors Forum focuses on high-level topics around leadership and metrics. The HR Directors Forum will feature presentations from leading HR practitioners from recognised best-practice and Employer of Choice organisations.
Free to attend and open to all HR professionals, the HR Summit Expo will showcase the latest products, services and technologies from a diverse range of industry specialists.
Delegates, speakers and sponsors are invited to mingle over complimentary drinks in the Expo Hall at the official networking function from 5pm on Wednesday 28th March. Regular networking breaks throughout the event will provide ample opportunity to interact with fellow industry colleagues and make new contacts with like-minded professionals from a range of business sectors.
Prizes and giveaways
All delegates will have the chance to win a selection of great prizes on offer throughout the event.